SUggestion for improved LiveCode scripting notation

Charles E Buchwald charles at buchwald.ca
Fri Oct 5 13:32:41 EDT 2012

> On Oct 5, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Mike Bonner wrote:
>
>> While not the same thing as you are talking about, when I write scripts I
>> use the "on" form for lc commands and handlers and any that are created
>> soley by me I use the "command" form.  This way it only takes a glance to
>> know which are mine and which are built in.

The "on" vs. "command" is very useful.

I also capitalize all my own commands and functions, e.g. "MyCommand" vs. "revHandler". I believe this is standard Hungarian notation. This is handy when you call the custom command, because you can easily see that's it's custom.

I don't use GLX2 so I can't do grouping like that, but thanks to Richard Gaskin I picked up this handy tip. I include a pseudo command like this:

command ______Section Divider______
end ______Section Divider______

... and it appears in the script editor pull down menu as a divider between sections of code. Try it, and you'll see what I mean.

- Charles

--
Charles E. Buchwald
http://buchwald.ca