[ANN] Free 'Clearview' desktop clock

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Thu Oct 4 18:50:53 EDT 2012

Le 4 oct. 2012 à 23:00, Richmond a écrit :

> On 10/04/2012 11:56 PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:
>> Hi Hugh !
>>
>> Look really nice on mac ;D
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Pierre
>>
>> Le 4 oct. 2012 à 22:12, FlexibleLearning.com a écrit :
>>
>>> A freebie for the LiveCode community...
>>>
>>> www.FlexibleLearning.com/freeclock
>>>
>>> I suspect I am not alone when squinting to see the time on my screens. I
>>> also don't need the weather, barometric pressure, a count-down alarm, moon
>>> phase or the time in Timbuktoo. This 'clearview' clock is millisecond
>>> accurate, displays in your own language and simply does what it says on the
>>> tin... No feature-bloat, no bells or whistles, no complications, just a
>>> really useful thing to have and it looks good too.
>>>
>>> Available for Windows and Mac OS X and written entirely in LiveCode
>>> obviously.
>>>
>>> Feel free to share it around and use as you wish.
>>>

>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> With best regards,
>>>
>>> Hugh Senior
>>> FLCo
>>> Home of ChartMaker, DatePicker and The Scripter's Scrapbook
>>>

> It would be even more of a cracker were there a Linux build!

Yep... and, in about Linux/Asus versus OSX/Apple, i would really prefer to rely on the first kind of config for most of my LC coding and other numeric tasks, at least for 2 main reasons :

- in my experience, over the last decade, in average, 18 months is a standard Mac live time. Short, is't for 2000 bucks each box ? On other hand, my Asus/CentOS configs never give up until i replace them by more recent boxes...
- No way to run games production AI solutions with top at 100% on a 24/7 basis on Apple platforms. They would just burn their unibody cases and die in less than 24 hours...

But too bad, iOS dev need macs (at least to make the workflow as simple as possible...). To bad again, LC stay still, in about mobile/desktop dev, less usable on the Linux platform than it's on the OSX and Windows ones...

Would be really helpful to, perhaps !, see the situation change a the near ;)