Datagrid not showing all lines - resolved/sort of

James Hale james at thehales.id.au
Wed Oct 3 12:54:30 EDT 2012

After trolling through the list archives and thinking I had it after reading Peter's major issues thread of April this year. Unfortunately I already had in place the measures that resolved his variable height field issue.
But maybe there were other properties to be cleaned, massaged or whispered to.  I then tried refreshing lines, changing the order of my commands, removing all processing apart from the bare minimum required to display the data and anything else that seemed vaguely associated with the display.

Finally in desperation I fixed the line height to 160 (to ensure there would be no truncations) and all the lines appeared. Turn off fixed line height and I would lose the last ten or so lines.

I was getting resigned to this and thinking of ways to dress up the background so as to not make the small data lines not look so bare when I wondered if my method of populating the datagrid was the issue.

As it was possible there could be up to 800 lines in the datagrid (rare but possible) I was using setting the dgNumberOfRecords method. I wondered if just setting the dgData would be make a difference. Perhaps there would not be a speed penalty.

Sure enough, setting the dgData to populate the datagrid made all lines appear.
Grabbing a set of 883 records was no slower than 8 records.

So there seems to be no problem when populating the datagrid using the normal "set the dgData" method.

There still seems to be an issue if you use the dgNumberOfRecords method and I couldn't find a workaround unless I fixed the line heights.

Thankfully I don't have to use the dgNumberOfRecords method so MY problem is now resolved.

James