Home brewers

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed Oct 3 12:20:58 EDT 2012

On Oct 2, 2012, at 1:58 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I just meant that anyone developing cross platform apps (Windows, OS X, mobile) couldn't use the same code base for all builds. The menu is strictly an OS X service, so there would have to be a lot of code-branching for each platform, and lots of specialized handlers to accomodate similar functionality on non-Mac machines. I was probably a little presumptuous, forgetting that some folks develop only for their own use.

Not presumptuous.

From your previous message I got the impression that the number of home-brewers on the list is relatively small.

I'm wondering: home-brewers / professional developers on the list < 1? < 0.1?

By home-brewers I mean amateurs developing for their own use.

Home-brewers don't normally work cross-platform. Professional developers usually do, I suppose.

Is LC the preferred tool for non-pros developing for their own use? If not then what is?

Cheers,

Tim