Android Native Input Control Keyboard stuck on

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Tue Oct 2 19:10:23 EDT 2012

1) All is good until I try to move to another card. The keyboard stay
active. Does anyone know how to make the keyboard go away? If one hits the
physical back button the keyboard disappears and all is well but no LC
message is generated(not that I need it). I tried the o'l "set focus to
nothing" although I think this is only applicable to LC field object and did
not work. I tried to send a backkey message and pass it to the engine, but
all that does is follow the backkey logic.

2) When I move to the card with the native input controls I do a "push
left". The card with the native controls is started I resize and create the
native input controls in the preopencard handler. However the input fields
appear over the previous card then the proper card slides into place. I now
create the input controls in the opencard handler. The user now sees the
card with all controls except the native inputs slid into place and the
input controls just "poof" appear.

The LC field object is much better in some ways but on some devices if
predictive type or a 3rd party keyboard is used LC just locks up and FC when
the first character is typed into the field

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Ralph DiMola
IT Director