it and explicitVar?

Jerry Jensen jhj at jhj.com
Thu Nov 22 16:00:24 EST 2012

On Nov 22, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins <pepetoo at cox.net> wrote:

> True. I had noted that as well. That was one of the problems I had with a script after I had earlier messed it up with some botched commenting out. However, I still haven't figured out how to set explicitVars to false.

In LiveCode Preferences, choose "Script Editor" from the list on the left. Then un-check "Strict Compilation Mode".

I like it strict, except when dealing with somebody else's code that doesn't.

It is a strange beast. In strict mode,

This gives an error:
on foo
  put it
end foo

This also errs:
on foo
  put 2 into it
  put it
end foo

BUT, this is OK:
on foo
  get 2
  put it
end foo

I never use it except when something else requires me to, like the return from "ask", etc.

.Jerry