Scrolling List Field/Table

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 17 20:46:41 EST 2012

On 11/17/12 6:11 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Cool,that works well for what I want to do.  I have one remaining issue
> though.  I have set tab stops and the xGrid properties to make it look like
> a table, but I need one of the columns to be right-justified and I don;t
> think I can do that with this method since the textALign property applies
> to the whole line.
>
> May be I need to look at the more complex, arraybased, styledText property?

The array is just a different representation of what you can do with the
individual commands. But you're right, alignment is paragraph-only, you
can't apply it to tabs. Sigh. And here I'd almost converted you. :(

Back in the olden days when we had no other choice, we'd use a
monospaced font and add spaces to simulate column alignment. That's not
so impressive any more, though in some cases it still works.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com