http://www.haiku-os.org/

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 16 16:33:45 EST 2012

Dr. Hawkins wrote:

 > On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Richmond wrote:
 >>
 >> Will ther be an engine for Haiku?  Or an executabe?
 >>
 >> http://www.haiku-os.org
 >

 > Haiku-Os Engine
 > sad speculation comes forth
 > Seasons pass Runrev

Well done. :)

Haiku had potential back when it was still BeOS and was being considered
for Apple's replacement for what we now call Mac Classic.

But instead they purchased NeXT, later Forstallized and renamed "OS X",
and the wonderful collection of very interesting ideas that was BeOS
lives on only as a hobby project under its current name "Haiku".

Still interesting in many ways, but unfortunately viability for app
developers isn't one of them.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World