ListMagic and LC 5.5.3 Problem

Charles Szasz cszasz at me.com
Sun Nov 11 14:03:57 EST 2012

I just moved my project from Rev 4.0 to LC 5.5.3. My project worked fine with ListMagic using Rev 4.0. And it works fine with LC except when I try to save a list.  I am now getting this error message in the IDE:  An error occurred while saving Special Education List: can't open stack file(2) when I click on a button that has the following script:

on mouseUp
   go to card "communications"
   upDate
end mouseUp

on upDate
   IF the platform is "MacOS" then
      save stack "Special Education" as (specialFolderPath("asup")&"/"&"/Special Education.livecode")
      if the result is not empty then
         answer error "An error occurred while saving Special Education Student List: "&cr&\
         the result & "("& sysError() &")"
      end if
   end if

   IF the platform is "win32" then
      save stack "Special Education" as (specialFolderPath(35)&"/"&"/Special Education.livecode")
      if the result is not empty then
         answer error "An error occurred while saving Special Education Student List: "&cr&the result & "("& sysError() &")"
      end if
   end if
end upDate

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? I am assuming that there must be a change in LC 5.5.3.

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com