htmlText oddity

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Nov 4 21:59:27 EST 2012

On 11/4/12 6:32 PM, dunbarx at aol.com wrote:

> the answer command replies faithfully, in spite of the "contains p or
> a start/end tag pair" comment above, which it seems should include
> all such constructs, like "<b>". Isn't that a "start/end tag pair?

No, but "<b> </b>" is a tag pair. :)

The IDE was updated to allow htmltext after people complained that there
was no way to use styled text in an answer dialog. There had to be some
kind of convention to determine what was htmltext and what was intended
symbols, so those two rules were implemented. If there is a paragraph or
a tag pair (beginning and closing tags) in the text then it's html. I
don't believe a closing paragraph tag is required. All other tags must
have them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com