Effective Filename

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Wed May 30 14:45:57 EDT 2012

Hi Pete,

Am 30.05.2012 um 20:38 schrieb Peter Haworth:

> Thanks Klaus and Mark.  For now, I only need this for the main stack but
> good to know the difference for the future.

same applies to all properties of objects!
Some props are inherited from the parent object and return EMPTY when queried.

Example:
You have set the TEXTFONT of a field, so all words and characters in that field inherit this property.

answer the textfont of fld 1 -> will give you the font name that you set the field to
answer the textfont of CHAR 1 of fld 1 -> will give EMPTY because the first character does not have a textfont property of his own!

But:
answer the EFFECTIVE textfont of CHAR 1 of fld 1 -> will give you the font name fo the field.
etc...

Get the picture?

> Pete
> lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>