Upgrade to Lion

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue May 29 23:28:11 EDT 2012

On 5/29/12 7:40 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Hi Igor,
> I agree with you on this one.  TM has saved me on more than one occasion.
>   Maybe I've just got used to using it and don't notice whatever the
> problems are that others have referred to.

I really like Time Machine too -- for backups. It's always running, and
it's saved me repeatedly. But it makes a horrible versioning system.
Just terrible. You can't find anything.

What it's good for is when you lose a file -- or even a whole hard drive
-- and you need to replace the last version you had. Or maybe
yesterday's. But not the one from whenever it was earlier today, you
can't remember exactly when, and you can't remember exactly what changes
you made.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com