Webifying livecode is a real mystery to me

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri May 25 11:50:16 EDT 2012

Great article. I think a good way to describe Revserver is a web server that allows the use of LC code embedded in HTML. You can't ever get away from HTML of course. It's what browsers know and understand. I'm with Jim in that learning new languages always puts me off, but I understand that it's necessary to accomplish what Jim is after.

I have a smattering of understanding about HTML, but I am always worried about security and how to accomplish it. We had a web dev once who demonstrated he could hack into just about anybody's PHP and get their logins because almost nobody knew how to secure their web sites from this kind of attack. He used to steal other people's code and modify it to make it better for his own uses. Now he doesn't do that anymore. Other people are trying to steal HIS code. :-)

Bob