what should be done with MobGUI?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri May 25 10:16:05 EDT 2012

Colin,

If the request is just for screenshots from Android, well, your MobGUI
examples should work on android, it is just a matter of screenshoting them.

I don't know how your book schedule is, if the book is complete or not. The
date on the site is august so you should be done or close already. One
thing that I find useful is to provide more options to the readers. Instead
of focusing on one library such as MobGUI, show them that there are others
such as TM|Controls and more. I think Mark has one and there is a couple
more. If you can show the reader, even briefly, that there is choice, then
he'll be safe.

Its early days for LiveCode mobile, we still suffer from the complete lack
of native controls. Yes, we can create controls thru code but we should
really be dragging and dropping them into the stacks as our visual paradigm
dictates. Emulated controls are good as an interim solution but they will
not work on the long run unless RunRev puts a lot more effort into them.
Even the wonderful datagrid has shortcomings and difficulties because it is
an emulated control. We need native controls and better geometry.

So with that in mind, your book about mobile business application is a
pioneering book that has the privilege of exploring new territory but also
face the perils of new worlds. As the authors of the Advanced Dungeons &
Dragons 2nd Edition Planescape Campaign Setting once said: "There is a rule
of threes, things simply tend to happen in groups of three. If two things
happened, one asks, where is the third?", following the rule of threes,
show them MobGUI, TM|Controls and iPhoneControlKit

Cheers
andre

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.