script works only during debugging

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu May 10 01:40:12 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Nicolas Cueto <niconiko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fingers crossed for other suggestions, cause I sure want to avoid
> Craig's suggestion that I retyp the whole code...
> Cheers.
>
> You may not have to do that, you could try simply copying and pasting the
entire script  into a Text Editor - if you are on a Mac I suggest the free
TextWrangler - if you use TextEdit make sure it is set to Plain Text.

Examine it for anything funny, if you can 'show invisibles' (something you
can do with TextWrangler but not TextEdit) to see if there are multiple
spaces where you intend only to be a single space. Do you use option+return
to break long lines into multiple lines, maybe return these back to single
lines. With TextWrangler you can 'Zap Gremlins' which helps identify any
non-ASCII text. Your scrip should be all ASCII.

In LC, remove the script and Compile, Save, Close and re-Open the script
(cross your fingers, say the secret password....) then Paste the script
back in. Compile and Save.

Good luck.