Breakpoints being ignored

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Wed May 9 02:57:50 EDT 2012

On 08/05/2012 23:39, Colin Holgate wrote:
> When you're next in the script editor, look at the bottom of the Debug menu. Is Script Debug Mode checked?

I've checked that the debug mode is checked on my environment.  It is.

I've noticed that there are situations where existing breakpoints from
previous runs are ignored...so in the code I'm currently developing I've
got this little voodoo routine:

Click on the blue circle in a square to stop debugging.
Change the code.
If I've got a breakpoint I care about, I must unclick it, and reclick it
for it to break.
Click on a field in my app window (it's a Windows 7 machine, so that
click should also go through to the field I'm clicking on.)
Click on the field again.  No input cursor.
Click on the script Editor.
Click on the field again. (now the field has a flashing cursor).

Test the code.

It doesn't stop me, and now I am doing it automatically...but still it's
frustrating.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, Livecode 5.5.1 dp2 (though I've seen this
behaviour previously, it subjectively seems to be getting worse).

-Ken