AW: Umlaute get corrupted when transfering livecode from Win to Mac

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed May 9 02:44:08 EDT 2012

Hi Malte,
So you say corrupted standalone texts with umlauts are a "standard"
behavior. But there must be any mechanism working behind the scenes which
"tries" to avoid this, because it doesn't happen every time. From time to
time they are not corrupted, but I can't reproduce it. By time I made it as
a standard procedure to restore my standalone settings after transferring
from another platform and it is actually not that big deal, because it's one
definite point (if I just don't forget it). But checking the scripts is
really a mess, because I never know, in which script(s) the corruption could
have been occurred or not. And a full test over all scripts and cases with
messages isn't possible, so every new released version is "good luck" and
praying with stomachache up to some time, where I don't get bad news from my
customers. And no, I don't use an external script editor, just pure LC.
Tiemo