5.5 Preferences

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 3 13:43:20 EDT 2012

On 5/3/12 11:22 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> It seems that 5.5 stomps all over existing Preference settings.

Among other things. It's been a topic on the dev list.

>  Other than
> wondering why RunRev's QA process didn't catch that, I can live with it
> since it's not too hard to set them up again.

They did make some changes to prevent problems, but there's still
something iffy going on. I keep a clean copy of the 5.02 prefs and
whenever I move from 5.5 to 5.02 I swap in the clean copy. Recently Mark
Weider suggested I lock the prefs file so it couldn't be overwritten.
Duh. :)

> I'm not sure how to set about getting my Image Library back again.  I have
> Time Machine backups but what do I restore to get hold of the stack that
> holds my Image Library and how do I get it back into the current rev stacks?

That came up on the dev list too, though I haven't had a problem with
it. Some people are losing their plugins or seeing them corrupted
(probably because of the format change.) One person solved it by
renaming the My LiveCode folder to something else. The real solution
will be for developers to always save their plugins and prefs in 2.7
format, but that will require individual updates.

By default, all your stuff is saved in Documents/My LiveCode/. Image
libraries should be in there in the Resources/Icon Libraries folder.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com