PayPal IPN & LC

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue May 1 16:18:55 EDT 2012

On 5/1/12 2:02 PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

> The Paypal API should wait for a receipt confirmation response from
> your script before it quits.

Thanks Pierre. I added "put "ok"" but it still times out. I don't know
what Paypal expects back. The sample PHP scripts I looked at don't
respond with anything. They just send a POST and that's all.

I think there may be a problem with libURL and the POST command.

My log shows that the socket is left open for up to a minute or more. If
I add a command to close the socket, I get a server 500 error. If I
don't close the socket, the script completes without error but the
connection hangs. Then Paypal says it couldn't contact the server.

I have tried:

1. Looping through the opensockets and closing each one
    --> server 500 error
2. Looping through the opensockets and closing each one within a
try/catch structure
    --> server 500 error
3. Closing only line 1 of the opensockets
   --> server 500 error
4. Setting the httpHeaders to "Connection: close"
   --> server 500 error (but libURL sets that header by default anyway)
5. Setting the socketTimeoutInterval to different values between 1000
and 30000
   --> no effect
6. Not doing anything after a POST
   -- 1 minute hang, Paypal says it can't connect

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com