is evaluation order defined, and evaluation of conditionals

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Jun 26 12:57:17 EDT 2012

The following link may prove useful - it's a discussion thread from the
same question that I posed a few momnths ago and was answered by some very
knowledgable and long time users of Livecode.:

*http://tinyurl.com/7hvnnpx*

Bottom line is that conditions are evaluated in the order they appear in
the statement and as soon as one of them returns false, the evaluation
stops.  I don't know if can be described as "guaranteed" behavior (not much
in lefy can), but I don''t believe anmy Livecode user has found a situation
when this was not the case.

In addition, using parentheses makes no difference to the order of
evaluation.

I believe this is known as "short circuit evaluation".

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>