Is there a way to get an "exitGroup" behavior when someone clicks a non-group field

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 12:23:17 EDT 2012

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking so i'm going to restate it as what
I think you are asking.

You have a group that pops up. When the click outside the group you want
its termination script to run.
Unfortunately, things don't work as expected when yo click a field outside
the group.

So, basically you don't want other fields to be select-able while the group
is showing.

A couple thoughts.  When the group opens, disable the controls that are not
part of the group. Then its impossible for a user to click into a different
field.  Re-enable them when the group closes. (depending on how things are
coded it might be enough to set the locktext of the fields instead)

The other option would be to use a modal stack instead of a group because
this locks out the calling stack until cancelled or completed.