is evaluation order defined, and evaluation of conditionals"and" to "or

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 01:39:05 EDT 2012

On Monday, June 25, 2012, Jerry Jensen wrote:

> I had that drilled into my alleged mind in the late '60s in a Boolean
> Algebra class I talked my way into. In those days minimization was
> important because each gate cost a few bucks!

Yes, and a 16 pin dip had four 2 input gates.  So if you had a couple left.
. .

> It was sort of a geeky joke then that you could actually build any logic
> net using nothing but NAND gates.

NAND, building block of the universe (you can do the same with NOR by
flipping your notion of 1 & o

I find my phrasing more logical, but DeMorgan's inclusion of NOTing the
output gts you to one gate to rule them all, . . .

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
HawkinsLawFirm at gmail.com