jumping among Mainstack and substacks isn't easy

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:04:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

Still here with newbie frustration and needing to move along.

So, ....

This works for me in a button.

on mouseUp tUserName
   put "Roberto Clemente" into tUserName
   put "Present on" && the short english date & return after field
"Attendance" of card tUserName of stack "Kids"
end mouseUp

But this does NOT work, I guess, because I am wrongly building the
tUserName so that tUserName is not valid in the script..

on mouseUp tUserName, tCharCount, tFirstName, tSecondName
   get word 1 of field "Filtered_Results"
   put it into tFirstName
   get word 2 of field "Filtered_Results"
   put it into tSecondName
   put quote & tFirstName & space & tSecondName & quote into tUserName

   -- put tUserName into msg box -- Works fine, shows "Roberto Clemente"

   put "Present on" && the short english date & return after field
"Attendance" of card tUserName of stack "Kids"

end mouseUp

- - - other notes: - -

     	executing at 2:02:27 PM
Type	Chunk: can't find card
Object	Here & Present
Line	put "Present on" && the short english date & return after field
"Attendance" of card tUserName of stack "Kids"
Hint	mouseUp

- - -
I've tried building that card name temp var all sorts of way, and no
luck with me.

Help greatly desired.

Mark Rauterkus
mark at rauterkus.com