sending focus to next field

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:09:43 EDT 2012

On 06/18/2012 08:38 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Works great so long as you only have fields, but sooner or later it is going to focus on your button. What I have done is on openCard I build a list of fields whose names match a criteria, such as starting with "fld" whose locktext is false. I save it in a property.

You are right there; that is why I posted an earlier message that went
like this:

"However, I haven't had such a super weekend as something began to
niggle at my mind last night:

What if the sequence of fields is interupted by a button or other control?

Tried this and had NO JOY:

on mouseUp
   put the id of the focusedObject into fOB
repeat until control id fOB is a field
   put (fOB + 1) into fOB
end repeat
   focus on fld id fOB
on mouseUp

the 'repeat' line "threw a bluey" (is: bad validation type)

replaced 'is' with '=' . . . same old sh*t.

What am I missing? "

and am still waiting for a reply that might allow me to lever my
original solution.