Upgrade to Lion on 15 inch laptop pro forces resize of stacks

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 10:50:53 EDT 2012

William,

This is very easy to achieve, in the card script, on openCard you can
simply,

lock screen
set the height of stack "my stack" to 3456
set the width of stack "my stack" to 2345

This will override the automatic resizing that goes on. This does have it's
problems though as it may push the menubar out of view, making it
impossible to move the stack. This can be rectified by using the rect of
the stack and basing all sizes on the top,left of the rect. Here is an
example

If you created the stack "Untitled 1"  from my last post, you can add this
script to the card:

on openCard
   lock screen
   --you can do this
   --set the height of stack "Untitled 1" to 3000

   --this is what LC squished the stack to
   put the height of stack "Untitled 1" into msg
   put the rect of stack "Untitled 1" into tStartSize
   put item 4 of the screenRect into tScreenHt
  --simulate Dock at bottom with Hide set to On
   subtract 88 from tScreenHt
   if ((item 4 of tStartSize - item 2 of tStartSize) < tScreenHt) then
      put (item 2 of tStartSize  + tScreenHt) into item 4 of tStartSize
      set the rect of stack "Untitled 1" to tStartSize
   end if
   --check that the Stack height has changed
   put cr & the height of stack "Untitled 1" after msg
end openCard

What this will show, if you press the button to make the stack HUGE, then
Save and close the stack, when you reopen it, in the msg box it will show
the Height LC first squished the stack to, and then the new size you forced
it to grow to.

I used 88 because that's what I've discovered is the smallest number when
the Dock is located at the bottom, so this simulates having the Dock at the
bottom, set to Hide, even though the User's setting may be different.

You can easily test for any size you want and then set any width/height
size you feel necessary.

HTH