Seeking a navigation system among 200 individual / card DB for attendance at camp

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Jun 13 15:17:20 EDT 2012

Some applications I've seen use a set of links/buttons, each one being a
letter of the alphabet, or even 2-3 letters of the alphabet per link/button.

User clicks on a link/button and gets a list of students whose last names
start with the clicked letter(s).  At that point, should be relativly easy
to scroll through the qualifying records.That could work for the 150-200
students you expect.

A variation on that might be to have all the students loaded into a
datagrid or table, then use the links/buttons to hilite the first
qualifying row in the datagrid.

As others have said, lots of approaches to this.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>