Seeking a navigation system among 200 individual / card DB

FlexibleLearning admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Wed Jun 13 14:45:42 EDT 2012

If you can conceive it, LC will do it. For a simple search, I'd implement a
dynamic search field where the keyUp is trapped and the matching cards are
marked. The more you type, the fewer the marked cards. Maybe also a dropdown
menu with standard queries so, for example, all those in a particular class
are marked, then a substack has a field for printing.

Just a coupla ideas.

Hugh Senior
FLCo

Mark Rauterkus wrote

I am searching for a "navigation system" for my >200 card camp
attendance project. Pointers welcome.

I'll have 150 to 200 cards in a database of people (camper kids in
summer school, volunteers, staff). Each card has its card name set to
the person's name. Contact info, attendance, performance notes on the
main card in a main stack for each person.

One day I'd love to store the data elsewhere and have it run on iPhone
and Android, but first things first.

I'm wondering how to set up a navigation system for finding an
individual -- but also taking class role calls.

Popup buttons might get too crowded with too many names.

Should I do individual dynamic palettes on their own card(s) in sub-stacks?

Wondering.

--
Ta.