iOS: download a file and show progress

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at me.com
Tue Jun 5 15:46:11 EDT 2012

In the recent Small Business Academy videos, Kevin gave a handy example for how to download a file and show progress... in a desktop app. The same process doesn't seem to work for an iOS app. As far as I can tell, the crucial URLStatus() function does not work under iOS, and this is the function that, in Kevin's example, provides the file size and amount downloaded, etc.

So is it even possible to do this under iOS? Can I, for example, download a zip archive that's several MB's in size and show the download progress? I'm probably missing something totally obvious...

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield