Converting a Stack to many formats starting from XML

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 15:07:58 EDT 2012

On 06/05/2012 08:35 PM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>

> Mark Wieder wrote
>> [snip]
>> I've done stack-to-xml and various xml-to-stack conversions before, but
>> they're
>> *very* specific to given tasks. XML isn't a file specification, but a
>> data-transfer format. Just because you can write English words using
>> Cyrillic
>> characters doesn't make them immediately usable in Russian.
>>
> You are correct. This means that no one has written such exporters.
>
> Alejandro
>

> -

Maybe I'm being a bit stupid . . . But . . . if there are several
tried-and-tested ways to convert stacks into xml,
and several tried-and-tested ways to convert xml into other formats, why
would one bother to go to the
lengths involved to make something that, ultimately did no more than
that beyond reducing it from a two-step
operation to a one-step operation?