[OT] Samsung highlights the Galaxy Note’s Wacom digitizer

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 07:42:34 EDT 2012

http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-highlights-the-galaxy-notes-wacom-digitizer-20111027/

there are one or two things about this article which seem a bit odd:

1. "enormous 5.3-inch, 1280 x 800 Super AMOLED screen"

obviously somebody doesn't know what "enormous means", I am writing this
with a computer
connected a Proview 17" by something "cheap-n-cheerful" monitor; it is
"reasonably big", certainly NOT
enormous.

that made me automatically a bit distrustful towards the article.

2. The SG's screen resolution is 800 x 1280: not that remarkable either.

Prices:

TRUST produce a graphic tablet:

Trust SlimLine Sketch Tablet - Digitizer, stylus - 15 x 20 cm -
electromagnetic - wired - USB

Priced at 30 pounds.

WACOM produce an equivalent tablet:

Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet

Priced at 46.50 pounds

and Samsung Galaxy is priced at:

398 pounds:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-N7000-Mobile-Phone/dp/B005ZP9Z4W

Personally I'd go for the Wacom tablet (my experience with a TRUST
tablet means I don't trust them at all). I'll stick with my generic
Nokia phone for telephoning.

If the only advantage of having a Galaxy Note over another mobile phone,
the markup does not justify it.