Upgrade to Mountain Lion and LiveCode 5.5.1 Problem

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Fri Jul 27 16:15:45 EDT 2012

Dear List,

I just upgraded to Mountain Lion which automatically upgraded my Xcode to version 4.4. When I tried to test my iOS project (which previously worked just fine)  in LiveCode v. 5.5.0, I got this error: "iOS Simulator could not find the SDK. The SDK may need to be reinstalled." So then, I upgraded LiveCode to v. 5.5.1, and I got the same error.

When you go to the Apple App Store, Xcode is shown as "installed" and it does not seem possible to download it again for a reinstall!

Anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a solution? I did check LiveCode Preferences and Standalone Application Settings and everything appears to be as set before. I also just found that my Developer/SDKs folder does not have a MacOSX10.8.sdk, which leads me to believe the error message is right on, but how do I reinstall SDK??

Thanks very much!

Roger