Any suggestions?

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 22:09:33 EDT 2012

On Jul 22, 2012, at 7:28 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Peter and Charles,
>
> FWIW, I always use:
>
> delete last char of theList
>
> instead of
>
> put line 1 to -1 of theList into theList -- no trailing return
>
> It works with "item" lists, too and doesn't throw an error if theList is ""

Actually "put line 1 to -1 of theList into theList" doesn't throw an error with theList = empty. I use "delete char -1 of…" mostly too, but at times I use "put line 1 to -1 of…" or "put item 1 to -1 of…" for no good reason. It's true that deleting the last char is the more general solution after a concatenating repeat loop, it works for lines, and items no matter what the itemdelimiter.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig