Threading or similar in LiveCode

Rod McCall rodmccall491 at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 20 04:24:49 EDT 2012

Dear LiveCoders,

As I said in a previous email I am returning to LiveCode after a few
years (well seven to be exact) so am a little rusty. Anyway right now
we are implementing a car simulator environment of which we will use
LiveCode as the control console for the simulation - at least that is
the current plan. Am I right in thinking there is no equivalent to the
Threading class that you find in Python? If so how do people implement
something which is similar to this? I may have missed the info in the
docs but a quick Google or scan of the RR website for anything
resembling threading seems to yield very little.

If no such equivalent exists are there ways round this? For example
using sub-stacks etc each one behaving like a "fake thread"?

Sorry if this seems a silly question but it has been a few years since
I used LiveCode.

Kind regards,

rod

--
Dr Rod McCall
Researcher in in-car, mixed reality technology and gaming