[OT] Between the lines of the previous post.

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sun Jul 15 11:59:53 EDT 2012

I would routinely quote the relevant part of the message and then add my comment afterwards, but my colleagues using mobile devices would complain because they would have to fully open the email to see what I had added. So, now I say my comment ahead of the quoted text. If there are further comments to make I will quote the relevant part of the previous message, after my new comment.

In general, just quote enough of the previous message to make it clear what you are adding. In this case I didn't need to quote anything.