mergExt pricing changes and free externals

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Jul 14 21:05:47 EDT 2012

One other addition to this.  I haven't researched this fully yet but I
believe a different version of the sqlite library will be required to run
on Windows 8 than with any other platform.  I'm not sure how RunRev plan to
deal with that one since the two libraries can't co-exist in the same
binary.

There's a long standing tradition that the sqlite library is compiled into
the program that uses it, not loaded from an external library file.  I
totally agree with that for an end product, compiled application.  But for
development tools, there has to be a way of using whatever version of the
sqlite library is appropriate.  With any other programming language, I
could do that but we're locked out of the ability to it in LC that because
the sqlite literary of RunRev's choice is compiled into LC.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com