mergExt pricing changes and free externals

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Jul 14 20:58:56 EDT 2012

See below.
Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com
> wrote:

> On 15/07/2012, at 6:56 AM, Andrew Henshaw <henshaw at me.com> wrote:
>
> > Ive stopped writing for the Mac App Store as its impossible to access
> files outside of the sandbox without the security scoped bookmarks,  if an
> external existed that allowed it (even though it should be in the main
> livecode product imo)
>
> Right there is the reason I can't justify doing this over other externals.
> I could probably have this done for you by the end of the week but there's
> really probably only a handful of lc developers trying to tackle sandboxing
> at the moment and of them how many will decide to take the rant on the dev
> list approach rather than buy the external. Ive been here before with
> mergXattr which as far as I know resulted in 0 sales but I implemented
> because someone was getting rejected from the app store.

Yep, I understand that, but the same principal applies to RunRev's
evaluation of whether to provide this or not.  I think you'd be surprised
at how many LC devs would put stuff into the APple store it they weren't
stopped dead in their tracks by this and a couple of other issues that just
aren't possible directly in LC.