Standalone Error Dialog

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Jul 12 22:45:33 EDT 2012

Richard-

> I've also heard recently that there may now be a function in the engine
> to obtain those strings, but I'm not sure if I'm remembering that
> correctly or just getting senile.

That is correct, but it's not documented. You'll have to use it at
your own risk. And it's LC 5.5 and up only. Here's how I deal with it.

/**
 * ExplainError
 *
 * explain those cryptic error codes
 */
function ExplainError pErrorCode
    local tErrorText

    try
        put line pErrorCode of the scriptexecutionerrors into tErrorText
    catch e
        put line pErrorCode of the cErrorsList of stack "revErrorDisplay" into tErrorText
    end try
    return tErrorText
end ExplainError

--