Phidgets and externals

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Mon Jul 9 09:19:59 EDT 2012

I am currently working on the iOS serial library with Mark Waddingham from RunRev which will work with the Arduino and I am thinking should work with any device that uses serial commands. I use mergExt's mergAccessory external to register the RedPark iOS to Serial TTL cable and then use the iOS serial library to communicate with the device. I also believe that if using wifi the only thing needed should be the iOS serial library (and an ethernet shield or wifi shield).

I have not looked at the communications with Phidgets yet but I assume they must know serial communications? Someone has a stack that is supposed to communicate with them already. If it uses desktop serial commands then our iOS serial library should work with them as well.

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net