Raspberry PI

Roderick McCALL roderick.mccall at uni.lu
Mon Jul 9 09:13:53 EDT 2012

Dear All,

My slice of PI will hopefully arrive soon :)

Ken is right to say that the market is primarily educational/academic and therefore given LiveCode's nice fit into that area I'd imagine that a version for the PI could be quite successful. If LiveCode supported the PI it would make a very compelling choice, indeed some establishments may hold off buying additional development tools if they do not support the PI. This is especially true when you consider that the PI already comes by default with Python (which I also like), so there has to be a serious justification to spend that extra cash.

I can perhaps see the justification for LiveCode more within schools who may be playing around with the PI more than say in universities as in the latter case many people are likely to already have skills in Python (and may be reluctant to try something else). In our case I was the only LiveCoder in the building until very recently. I am not sure what if any programming languages are used in UK Schools these days but in my day it was COMAL:)

Knowing Kevin though I am sure his little grey cells have given some thought to this already.

Cheers,

rod

Dr Rod McCall
Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT)
The University of Luxembourg
www.securityandtrust.lu<http://www.securityandtrust.lu>
Twitter: rodlux blog: www.rodmc.com<http://www.rodmc.com>