focusedObject of another stack?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Jul 5 08:26:17 EDT 2012

Hi,

I would like to create a kind of a property editor to edit a couple of
custom properties of a bunch of fields with one click.

What I am looking for is the reference between the field, which has to be
updated and my editor window. I wanted to click into the field in the main
window (to mark it) and then switch to my editor window, but the
focusedObject or selectedObject doesn't work across two stacks, because as
soon, as I switch to the editor window the field in the main window looses
the focus. What am I missing? I must overlook something very obvious.

Any hint welcome

Tiemo