Problem with dispatch and password protected stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 3 09:34:44 EDT 2012

Mark Schonewille wrote:

 > On 3 jul 2012, at 04:29, Peter Haworth wrote:
 >
 >> I just came across a bad problem with passowrd protected stacks.
 >>
 >> I have a button on a card whose handler uses dispatch to send a
 >> message to a card in a stack whcih is password protected.  When
 >> the dispatch is executed, I get a request for the password for
 >> the target stack.  I'm pretty sure that's not how password
 >> protection is supposed to work!
 >
 > hi Pete,
 >
 > I'm quite sure that dispatch isn't the cause of the problem.
 > Probably, an execution error causes the script editor to pop up.
 > The execution error may be related to the password protection or
 > perhaps to an object that can't be found due to the target being
 > messaed up (or both).

Good call.  If this is related to the script comparison tool, the issue
may have to do with "get the script of...", since of course in a
password-protected script that'll throw an error.

You can check whether a script is locked by comparing the password and
passkey properties - if they're the same the script is available.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World