Anyone successfully used Testflightapp.com?

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sun Jan 15 10:16:51 EST 2012

I use this program:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/betabuilder-for-ios-apps/id415348946?mt=12

Some days I have it open all day. It uses the same basic trick as testflightapp, only you deploy the files it makes to your own server.

That works well with Flash apps, I can publish a new version and only have to click one button to deploy the new files. It also doesn't have to be an ad hoc version, any IPA file will work.

Which brings us to what might be the issue you're seeing. LiveCode doesn't make IPA files, it makes APP files. I dare say that testflightapp also need IPA files. What I do in that case is to drag the APP into iTunes, which makes the IPA file, replacing the old one. I then do my single click in BetaBuilder to deploy the new one. For testflightapp you would right-click on the app in iTunes and reveal the IPA in Finder, and then use that as the file to give to testflightapp.com.

The site has a lot of management tools that may be useful, but each of your testers has to have an account with them, and install a special testflight provisioning file. The uploading you take will take longer than if you just deployed files to your own server.

On Friday I added one more device to my account, that took my 100th slot! Even so I can quickly make an app and post it, that will work on all 100 devices, without anyone having to sign up to anything.