Reading a standalone's info.plist file

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sat Jan 14 12:09:51 EST 2012

Thanks Jacque.  I just want to get the version info I put into the
standalone settings when it was built.  I guess I prefer to get it from the
plist file because I know if I put it into a custom property, I will forget
to do it at some point and then the version displayed in the Get Info
window will be out of step with what's in my app's ABout dialog.  Just
don;t like storing the same information in two different places.

I'm also planning to try coding a savingStandalone handler to get the
version from the standalone settings and put it into a custom property.

Pete

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 1/13/12 8:14 PM, Pete wrote:
>
>  Right now, the path to the info.plist file is hard coded for testing
>> purposes but when the standalone is running, how can I get hold of it's
>> file path so I can get to the info.plist file?
>>

> For a desktop app, you could build a path relative to the mainstack. The
> plist would be one level up. Set the itemDelimiter to slash, get the
> filename of the mainstack, chop off the last two items, and put
> "info.plist" after that.
>
> But I don't know anyone who handles it that way. Generally the version
> info is just saved to the stack as a custom property where it can be read
> directly. Is there something in particular that you have to get from the
> plist file?
>
> --

Pete