Compass Lesson not working

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Sat Jan 14 11:47:23 EST 2012

Dear Listers,

There is a lesson at run rev for the Compass features on iOS, but I can't get the heading part to work. I down loaded the stack from revOnline and added my provisioning profile and then run it as is on my iPhone 4 (not 4S) with iOS 5.0.1 -- The location works just fine but the heading does not return any data. When I tap at "Test for Heading Support" I get a correct answer. But no heading information is returned after tapping "Start Heading…" or "Get Heading…"

Lesson:
http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/4069/l/30379-how-do-i-get-the-location-and-use-the-digital-compass-in-ios

Stack:
http://revonline2.runrev.com/stack/599/Compass

Can anyone else confirm this?

I built my own stack as well and use the headingChanged and headingError at the card level and still can not get any data back.

Thanks

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net