IOS scroller bounce unhides another control

Michael Doub Mike at Doub.com
Wed Jan 4 14:36:04 EST 2012

So lets stay that I have a control called "Foo"  and I am using a datagrid named "PeopleList"

I normally would do the following to set up the scroller:
      iphoneControlCreate "scroller"
      put the result into sScrollerId
      iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "rect", the rect of group "PeopleList"
      put the rect of group "PeopleList" into temp
      put the dgFormattedHeight of group "PeopleList" into item 4 of temp
      iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "contentRect", temp

on scrollerDidScroll pOffsetX, pOffsetY
   lock screen;  set the dgVScroll of group "PeopleList" to pOffsetY;  unlock screen
end scrollerDidScroll

Your saying that I should include both "Foo" and "PeopleList" together inside of an encompassing group, let's call it "Boo"
Still use the rect of the group "PeopleList" for the scroller rect but set the content rect to
(the dgFormattedHeight of group "PeopleList" + the height of group "foo".

Are you suggesting that it is necessary to switch between scrolling "PeopleList" and "Boo' with a single scroller?

on scrollerDidScroll pOffsetX, pOffsetY
   lock screen;
   if pOffset > the height of group "Foo" then
            set the vScroll of group "Boo" to the height of group "Foo"
           set the dgVScroll of group "PeopleList" to pOffsetY - the height of group "Foo";
    else
           set the dgVScroll of group "PeopleList" to 0
           set the vScroll of group "Boo" to pOffset
    unlock screen
end scrollerDidScroll

Am I understanding this correctly?

-= Mike