OFF TOPIC virtualize windows on mac

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Mon Jan 2 10:57:19 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 8:45 AM, jvalle at 1234web.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> starting with an old Macbook would like to know your expert opinion about
> what
> is the best virtualization solution to run Windows on Mac, from a developer
> point of view.
>
> Thanks and Happy New Year
> --
> Jose

If the Mac is PPC rather than intel, then I wouldn't recommend
virtialization as it would be 'emulation', which is unproductively slow.
 You would be better off buying a low-end PC.  However, if the Mac has an
intel cpu, then start with the FREE Virtualbox, and see if it meets your
needs.  If not, VMware Fusion is very good, and also Parallels Desktop for
Mac.  If intel, and your OS is at least Leopard, SnowLeo, or Lion, you
could install Windows using BootCamp (in Utililies).  This would allow you
to boot natively in Windows, and would be as close to the real thing as you
can get while using Apple hardware.

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/
http://www.parallels.com/download/