The Linux engine...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 25 15:50:55 EST 2012

Malte Brill wrote:

 > Right now I am in a situation where I MUST support Linux as a
 > platform of choice for my customers.

Welcome to the club.

I used to be a Mac-only guy, and I used to resent having to work in
Windows.  But the more platforms I use xTalks on, the easier they all
get.  These days there are even a few things about Windows I enjoy.

And with Linux there's lots to love.  The flexibility is wonderful, but
if you have an opportunity to attend any local events you'll find the
community is even better.

Looks like the Germany Ubuntu community team has some events coming up:
<http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-de-locoteam>

 > So, who is in for detailed analysis of the current state? If others
 > feel annoyed about discussing this here, I would also gladly take
 > this over to the dev list, or even off list.

Such high-level platform-specific discussion may be well suited for the
LiveCode Linux forum, where we have the extra benefit of raising
visibility among newcomers who seem to be directed there:
<http://forums.runrev.com/viewforum.php?f=20>

Count me in.  I'm on the forums almost daily, and look forward to that
discussion.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World