Stray Puts

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Feb 24 16:39:43 EST 2012

That may have been I who mentioned log.  Don't forget the newline or tab in the log handler.  The method also allows adding timestamps or delta seconds.

Though I said "log", I actually tend to use the word log for more permanent logging.  The three letters can't be beat for shortness, though.

Dar

On Feb 24, 2012, at 1:58 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 2/24/12 1:55 PM, Dar Scott wrote:
>
>> I suspect we are all doing this the wrong way.  Maybe there are
>> debugging features or compiler optimizations that allow for better
>> ways to do this.
>
> I've started doing it the way someone else suggested. I use a handler:
>
> on log pMsg
> put pMsg
> end log
>
> Then in the scripts:
>
> LOG "Message about script performance."
>
> When I want to stop logging, I just comment out the one-line body of the handler. If I really want to remove it all, I search for "LOG " (with space.)
>
> I don't know of any native LiveCode way to do it.
>
> --

---------------------------
Dar Scott
dba
Dar Scott Consulting
8637 Horacio Place NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111

Lab, home, office phone: +1 505 299 9497
For Skype and fax, please contact.
dsc at swcp.com

Computer Programming and tinkering,
often making LiveCode libraries and