[OT] LC's Fields of the Future

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Feb 24 10:06:41 EST 2012

Mark Schonewille wrote:

 > Richard,
 >
 > The point is that all those extra features make very little sense as
 > long as unicode doesn't just work, like it does in RealStudio.
 > LiveCode really is very much behind the competition in this regard.

They may not make sense to you, but they make sense to others.

Yes, RealBASIC has features that LiveCode doesn't and vice versa.   So
it goes - if all RAD tools were the same there would be no need for more
than one of them.

I share your interest in seeing Unicode enhanced, esp. with regard to
the semetic and other languages that use RTL.   I understand RunRev
shares this interest too and is actively working on it, but given how
deeply RTL affects so many aspects of interaction and underlying data
structures it's not surprising that those relatively few languages will
take some additional time to support.

In the meantime, while your needs may differ there are a good many of us
who find tremendous value for a great many projects with the new field
enhancements.

If you prefer RealBASIC you can obtain a license here:
<http://www.realsoftware.com/>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World