Why him does not use a natural language for programming?

Vokey, John vokey at uleth.ca
Thu Feb 23 23:46:00 EST 2012

I always enjoyed the ambiguity of the title of one of James Watson's books: "Avoid Boring People" as to why "natural" languages should be avoided in programming, not because they are inherently bad, but because they require setting too large of a context to render most statements clear.  OTH, I find the abstemiousness of some who abjure statements such as x = 10 (in BASIC, Fortran, et al.) because they are, allegedly, inherently ambiguous to be just silly (cf. C, Pascal, R programmers, et al.).  Context *is* everything.